Studies show that workers appreciate an employer who cares about their health and wellbeing. In addition to sufficient vacation time and flexible scheduling, the opportunity for health insurance has also become very important.
Company health insurance is intended for covering the medical expenses of the company’s employees. This health insurance supplements the national health care coverage and adds great value to an employee’s benefits package. This allows an employee to use private treatment services at a lower cost and receive needed treatment more quickly. Health insurance is suitable for companies of different sizes and in different fields.
Seesam’s health insurance includes different services:
- Outpatient family medicine and specialised medical services - makes it possible to use the services of a paid family physician or medical specialist without a referral. We indemnify appointment fees, the cost of the tests, analyses and other procedures prescribed by the physician’s referral as well as day hospital treatment.
- Prophylactic medical examination and preventive treatment - the service can also be used without a medical indication for turning to a physician. We indemnify the cost of health tests, e.g. stress, allergy and food intolerance tests, nutritionist’s consultation fee, massage and chiropractic services.
- Occupational medical examination - we indemnify the occupational health costs arising from law.
- Psychiatric and psychological counselling costs - we indemnify the appointment and consultation fees of a psychologist, psychiatrist or psychotherapist and medicines related to the diagnosis.
- Hospital treatment services - makes it possible to expedite access to hospital treatment, using paid service. We indemnify inpatient fee, extra fee for a paid ward, surgeries, treatment and tests in hospital as well as the medicines consumed there.
- Rehabilitation services - we indemnify a rehabilitation physician’s appointment, the rehabilitation prescribed by a physician as well as the assistive devices (wheelchair, crutches, etc.) prescribed by a physician. Rehabilitation services may include physiotherapy, therapeutic exercises, hydrotherapy, occupational therapy, massage, chiropractic and osteopathic services.
- Dental treatment services - we indemnify the costs of dental treatment services such as consultation, preparation of a treatment plan, treatment, dental hygienist’s services, X-ray, anaesthesia, cost of orthodontic treatment.
- Cost of glasses and contact lenses - we indemnify the cost of an optometrist’s appointment and the cost of glasses or contact lenses if a prescription has been written out for this purpose.
- Vaccinations - we indemnify vaccination costs (e.g. influenza, tick-borne encephalitis as well as travel vaccines, etc.).
- Prescription medicines - we indemnify the cost of the prescription medicines prescribed by a physician during the insurance period.
- Obstetrical services - we indemnify the cost of inpatient services related to childbirth such as the fee for a paid midwife, fee for a family ward, cost of the surgery related to childbirth.
As of 01.01.2018 a special discount tax exemption is in place to promote the health of workers, including a health insurance tax of up to 100 Euros per quarter (400 Euros annually). The tax discount applies on the condition that the employer offers the opportunity to enter into a health insurance contract to all the employees of the company.
- Helps enhance the reputation of an employer on the work market.
- Certainly, gives an advantage in recruitment.
- Increases the satisfaction of the existing workers and helps decrease employee turnover by giving a picture of a caring employer.
- Helps support the upkeep of a worker’s productivity and reduces the number of days that an employee is unable to work.
- The employee can choose a suitable doctor and treatment facility
- The employee can deal with health concerns more quickly and economically.
- Employees with a positive mindset are more open and adjust to changes more easily.
- Forms part of the employer’s motivation package.
- Opportunity to visit a specialist without a referral.
- Opportunity to visit a paid physician outside of the waiting list.
- Allows the choice of a suitable doctor and treatment facility.
- Private care costs are covered, which is not included in the State Insurance Fund.
- Decreases personal expenditures due to health.
- Quick and confidential – health information is not share with the employer.