Liability insurance protects you from damage claims by third parties. Liability insurance is designed to compensate for the following:
- damage caused to third parties,
- costs of legal expenses incurred by the insured person.
Accidents may happen even if all precautions are taken. Accidents may bring along high financial costs that jeopardise the economic stability of your company. Even if you are not liable for causing damage, legal expenses incurred may be high. Liability insurance helps you to ensure the economic stability of your company.
The products offered differ from one another based on the type of liability. Liability is divided into liabilities which arise in the course of insured general activities, due to a product manufactured or distributed or through professional activity.
The purpose of General Liability Insurance is to compensate the personal or property damage caused to third parties by the policyholder due to a certain activity.
It is typically believed that a General Liability Insurance contract should only be concluded by those people who are working in a riskier field, for example, construction workers. In their case they may be at greater risk of suffering an accident, although damage may occur from lower risk activities as well. For instance, an accident may occur inside an office, where a visitor may suffer a fall due to a slippery floor.
Product Liability Insurance covers the personal or property damage caused to third parties due to a defective product manufactured or distributed by the insured person. In addition, the insurance covers legal expenses that may arise.
Product Liability Insurance is essential for each company manufacturing or distributing products. Even if the products are safe, something may still go wrong, causing damage to third parties. Claims may turn out to be very costly.
Professional Indemnity Insurance covers the damage caused due to the provision of professional services. Legal expenses are also indemnified.
In addition to personal and property damage, professional indemnity insurance also covers pure financial loss that may result from the provision of professional services. Liability insurance is mandatory for some professions. Seesam offers professional indemnity insurance to solicitors, architects and designers.
The purpose of Employer´s Liability Insurance is to provide employers with insurance cover, compensating for the personal and property damage caused to an employee due to an occupational accident. In addition, the insurance covers legal expenses that may arise.
Occupational accidents are primarily associated with dangerous fields of employment, but, in reality, occupational accidents are also frequent in lower-risk fields of employment, including among office employees. Pursuant to law, an employer is liable for an occupational accident.
Liability Insurance applications:
Terms and conditions:
- General Liability Insurance Terms and Conditions 1/2020 (valid from 01.07.2020)
- General liability insurance conditions 1/2013
- Product liability insurance conditions 1/2020 (valid from 01.07.2020)
- Product liability insurance conditions 1/2005
- Employer´s liability insurance conditions 1/2020 (valid from 01.07.2020)
- Employer´s liability insurance conditions 1/2008
- Solicitor`s professional indemnity insurance conditions 1/2020 (valid from 01.07.2020)
- Solicitor`s professional indemnity insurance conditions 1/2013
- General terms and conditions 1/2020 (valid from 01.07.2020)
- General terms and conditions 29.03.2019