Seesam travel insurance lets clients choose the insurance cover that is right for them. An insurance contract can be completed to only provide an indemnity for medical costs incurred in a foreign country or to cover instances of trip cancellation, interruption or being delayed. In addition, you can insure the personal belongings you are taking with you on the trip as luggage.
Medical insurance is the most important component of travel insurance, covering the costs of medical treatment for an illness which began in or accident that took place in a foreign country, including urgent pregnancy (up to 28 weeks) related medical assistance in the case of complications, with the exception of birth or premature birth, cost of transportation to receive medical assistance or returning the ill person to Estonia. In addition, expenses having arisen due to the extension of the trip due to time spent in hospital shall also be indemnified.
Also occurring frequently are instances where a trip is cancelled due to illness, due to failures in the means of transport resulting in delayed arrival at the desired destination or the trip has to be unexpectedly terminated and one is forced to return home. Often this means additional transportation and accommodation costs or, in the case of trip cancellation, that all of the paid money is lost. In order to ensure that your expenses do not grow larger than initially planned, it is reasonable to add travel interruption insurance to your contract.
When travelling, it is also possible to insure items you have brought along with you. Seesam Luggage Insurance indemnifies damages which arise from the theft, robbery, destruction or loss of baggage during transport. The cost of purchasing essential items is also covered, if your luggage arrives at your travel destination after you.
You can choose between different insurance sums as well as types of insurance cover, allowing you to make insurance cover even more comprehensive. A travel insurance agreement can be concluded for an individual, family, larger group was well as an undertaking.
Important! In the case of trip cancellation, there is a three day period of delay, i.e. the insurance cover will enter into force three days after the entry into force of the agreement (for example, if the policy was purchased on 06 August, then the trip cancellation coverage will enter into force on 09 August). Therefore, it is especially important that the purchasing of travel insurance is not left until the last minute.
- Unique insurance cover in Estonia – additional trip cancellation insurance – “Emergency Situation Insurance” – guarantees protection against unexpected events such as terrorism, strikes and bankruptcies. With “Emergency Situation Insurance” it is possible to cancel a trip for any reason (for example, your pet’s illness, unexpected important work assignment that does not permit travel, disagreement with travel companion, etc.).
- Additional trip cancellation insurance – the insured is protected from all sorts of changes in travel schedules independent of them (for example, a plane is forced to make an unscheduled landing due to another passenger; there is an electricity outage at the airport or a change in the flight schedule). Also qualifying as an insured event are the cancellation of the event that was the reason for the trip, natural catastrophe, an unexpected traffic jam and change in itinerary due to delayed or damaged luggage.
- Liability insurance for all trips – the opportunity to select liability insurance cover for all trips. Liability insurance losses and legal assistance costs associated with the incident are indemnified.
- Flexible cost of formalities insurance – necessary and reasonable costs (telephone calls, Internet cost, and translation cost) related to an insured event shall be indemnified up to EUR 60.
- Unlimited duration for treatment abroad – in the case of an insured event, Seesam will not restrict the duration of treatment abroad.
- Customer-friendly indemnity limit in luggage insurance – there is no separate limit of indemnity for electronics and sporting equipment in luggage insurance.
- No deductible – a deductible will not be applied in the case of an insured event.
- Indemnification of luggage insurance in case of family insurance – the luggage insurance limit for family insurance is the same for the whole family; however, in case of luggage delay, the indemnity sum for purchasing essential articles is higher (EUR 60 per day, maximum of EUR 240 EUR).
- High quality loss adjustment – in the case of an insured event you can confidently trust Seesam's quality loss adjustment.
- Unique insurance cover in Estonia
- Additional trip cancellation insurance
- Liability insurance for all trips
- Client friendly indemnity limit for luggage insurance
- No deductible
Terms and conditions: