Home insurance

Home insurance indemnifies material damage if something happens to your home or the property therein. A building and apartment are insured under the principle of full value insurance – the sum insured is not marked on the policy and, in the event of damage, the building or apartment will be restored to its former state. In addition, we definitely recommend selecting household property insurance, which covers moveable property (for example, furniture, interior elements, houseplants, household appliances, clothing, etc.) found in the building or apartment. 

When insuring your apartment, please be sure to also choose liability insurance that provides protection for example against damages caused to your neighbours.

Home insurance product view

NB! Seesam asks you to always carefully read through all the exclusions set out in the terms and conditions. Exclusions are the events in the case of which the damage is not indemnified. If any doubts arise as to which is insured and within which scope, it is advisable to contact our specialist who will explain the terms and conditions to you in detail.

Seesam Home Assistance

Seesam Home Assistance is the best 24/7 solution if you need to sort out an emergency at home. Call +372 6221 333 if you need assistance.

Read about the situations where Home Assistance can help you:
•    Home Assistance covers the primary actions required for the prevention of a loss event, limitation of damage and/or primary assistance in the case of an accident;
•    lock assistance – your door will be unlocked if the lock has been broken or you have lost your key, the lock will be repaired or replaced, and an extra key will be ordered;
•    water accident or pipe leakage – stopping a leak arising from the destruction of a domestic appliance permanently connected to the pipeline or the destruction of internal pipelines and eliminating the cause of the leak;
•   assistance in the case of blockages – removal of a blockage at the place of insurance to prevent the materialisation of the possible water accident risk;
•    window and roof assistance – repair of a broken window, roof or other part of the building and covering uncovered openings with temporary means to prevent the occurrence of additional damage;
•   heating assistance – help with the arrangement of a temporary heating solution for up to 24 hours in the case of a breakdown of the heating system if this is necessary for the protection of other utility systems (e.g. risk of freezing);
•    temporary accommodation and moving assistance – arrangement of temporary accommodation for up to three days if a dwelling has become uninhabitable and transport of the policyholder and the persons sharing the dwelling to the temporary accommodation;
•    electricity assistance – arriving at the site in the case of a major breakdown of the power system, elimination of the fire hazard and, if necessary, primary consultation. Advising the client in the case of a breakdown of the power system of another home appliance;
•    primary clean-up and drying service after a flood, water accident or the breakage of another item inside the insured site or its auxiliary building. Rental costs of a dehumidifier for up to 24 hours;
•    if necessary, manned guard will be arranged on the site for up to 24 hours.

Additional possibilities of household insurance
  • Lease cost of temporary housing – if your home has become uninhabitable as a result of an insured event, the cost of leasing temporary housing, as well as any necessary moving expenses, shall be indemnified.
  • Loss of lease revenue – if a leased building or apartment becomes uninhabitable, the lost rent shall be indemnified for a period of up to 12 months.
  • Liability insurance – any personal or property damage caused to third parties by you or family members living with you shall be indemnified.
Advantages of Seesam household insurance

Insuring your home is easy – we insure a building or an apartment as a whole, following the principle of full value insurance. There is no need to specify the sum insured and no need to worry about whether sufficient money will be received from the insurance undertaking in the event of an accident. The sum insured for household property is determined automatically and with a sufficient reserve in order for the insurance cover to comprise all things, both bigger and smaller, which are at home.

Home assistance 24h – round-the-clock first-hand assistance in the case of accidents that have occurred at home.

The insurance covers kitchen furniture and household appliances – if you insure a building or an apartment and the household property located there, the insurance also covers the built-in furniture and integrated household appliances.

Facilities and ancillary buildings – together with a building, facilities, such as outdoor lighting installations, ball courts and playgrounds, as well as ancillary buildings of up to 20 m2, are insured to the extent of 10,000 euros.

Storeroom (cellar box) – together with an apartment, the storeroom’s interior finishing, the storeroom’s door and built-in shelves are insured.

Household property outside the home – property accompanying the policyholder and their family members is insured to the extent of 1,000 euros within the borders of the Republic of Estonia also outside of the place of insurance. To the extent of 2,000 euros in the case of extended all-risk insurance within the borders of the European Union.

Household property in ancillary buildings and a cellar box – Household property insurance is also valid to the extent of 10% of the sum insured for household property for the cellar box located in the same building as the apartment or in buildings located on the same registered immovable as the residential building.

New for old – damage to household property is indemnified to the extent of the value of equivalent new property, excluding computers, computer equipment, mobile phones, valuables, art and motor vehicles.

0-deductible – no deductible is applied if:

•    the building or apartment was broken into and, as a result, there are visual traces of a break-in;
•    the glass surfaces of windows, exterior doors or balcony railings were broken;
•    the building has been destroyed as a result of fire;
•    the keys were robbed or stolen and therefore the door lock needs to be replaced or the system recoded.

We indemnify damage resulting from a construction fault – if a fire or pipeline leakage is caused by a construction fault, Seesam will indemnify for the consequences of such damage

Building and repair work – insurance is also valid in the case of building or repair work of the building or apartment.

Wide private person liability insurance cover – If you have also selected private person liability insurance, we will indemnify: the damage caused as a private person to a third party within the borders of the Republic of Estonia, damage caused by the children of the insured persons, and personal injury or property damage caused to third parties by a pet owned by the policyholder.

Advantages of extended all-risk insurance
  • in the case of theft of documents, the expenses of issue of a new document – to the value of up to 100 euros without applying a deductible;
  • the expenses of the transactions unlawfully concluded or cash withdrawn from an ATM with a stolen or robbed bank card – to the value of up to 1,000 euros;
  • cash stolen from the place of insurance – to the value of up to 300 euros;
  • upon loss of keys, the expenses of replacing the door lock – without applying a deductible;
  • the restoration expenses of legal software that was destroyed as a result of an insured event – to the value of up to 500 euros;
  • the expenses incurred on the veterinary care of pets (e.g. a cat, dog) as a result of the occurrence of an insured event – to the value of up to 300 euros.
Prevention of damages at home

Every homeowner can do a lot when it comes to protecting their home and property and in the name of taking better care of it. To that end, we have put together a list of suggestions below.

Fire accident prevention

  • Each home must have a functioning smoke alarm
  • Each home should be equipped with primary means for limiting a fire – a fire blanket and powder extinguisher
  • Do not perform your own electrical works; call a qualified specialist
  • The chimney and flues of a wood heated apartment or house must be cleaned at least once a year, prior to the start of the heating period. There should be no cracks in fire chambers or the base of the chimney. If necessary, these should be repaired by an expert.
  • There must be a metal sheet in front of the fire chamber, not flammable flooring, in order to prevent embers from causing a fire.
  • Don’t leave burning candles or a fireplace unattended. Candles should be placed on a non-flammable base, away from flammable material.
  • Don’t leave matches or burning candles within reach of children.
  • Disconnect appliances (for example, iron) from the power supply after use.
  • Never use an open flame to thaw frozen pipes.
  • You must never try to extinguish burning fat or oil with water. The fire must be smothered using a cloth or special fire blanket.

Preventing water damage

  • Have a specialist regularly inspect the state of your home’s piping, hot water boiler and home appliances (for example, washing machine, dish washer).
  • Regularly clean outlet pipes and traps, to prevent clogs from occurring
  • Before winter, drain the pipes located outdoors and in non-heated rooms of water and close valves, to prevent the pipes from freezing and bursting
  • Household appliances must be connected to the water supply via the designated water tap, which can be shut off when the appliance is not in use.
  • When leaving your home, don’t leave your washing machine running.
  • In humid rooms, install a moisture barrier behind the walls and under the flooring
  • If there are no living quarters on the basement level, items stored in the basement should be kept at a height of at least 10 cm off the floor.

Break-in and theft prevention

  • Homes must be built tough, with at least a 44 mm thick door and proper locks
  • The key to your house should not be kept in typical hiding places, such as under the doormat, since these are the first places thieves will look
  • If you have lost your key, or if you are unsure whether you have come into possession of all of the copies of the keys after purchasing an apartment or house, you should change the door locks the first chance you get
  • When you leave your home, be sure to properly close all doors and windows
  • Don’t let strangers know when you will be away from home (for example, at work or on holiday)
  • When leaving home, make sure that it doesn't appear to be abandoned. While you are away on holiday, talk to some trustworthy people and make sure that they regularly empty your mailbox, mow your lawn, lower the shades at night, etc.
  • After you are done using property outside of the building, bring it inside or lock it up to prevent theft. A trampoline, garden furniture and grills should be stored indoors outside of the season.

Insurance is provided by Compensa Vienna Insurance Group, ADB Estonian Branch, which operates under the Seesam trademark in Estonia. Before concluding policies, please read the terms and conditions at and consult an expert if needed.
I agree
In order to improve your browsing experience cookies are used. More information about cookies can be found here.