Corporate insurance claim
Report the loss to Seesam immediately after the occurrence of the insured event. A loss adjustment form can be completed directly on the Seesam homepage, by calling the contact telephone 628 1700, or by writing to email@example.com. From the menu selection below you will also find information about how to act following the occurrence of an insured event.
General requirements in the case of a property insurance loss event:
- Limit any further loss and asset damage. Save what can be saved!
- Notify Seesam about what happened as soon as possible and follow the instructions provided by Seesam
- Fill in the Asset Insurance Loss Adjustment Form, or application on your company’s stationary, append a list of damaged property and a letter of explanation describing what happened.
- In the case of a Goods in Transit Insurance Loss Adjustment Form, or prepare an application on your company’s stationary, append a list of damaged property and a letter of explanation describing what happened.
- Hold onto the remains of the types of assets for which you are looking to receive an indemnity.
- Preserve the site of damage in an untouched state until a representative from Seesam has inspected it.
- If necessary, evacuate the people or administer first aid to the casualty or casualties.
- Start fighting the fire with the basic fire extinguishing equipment.
- If you are unable to gain control of the fire, call the fire department. To do so, call the emergency centre at the emergency number 112.
- Guide the firefighters and help them to quickly find the location of the fire.
- Place at the disposal of the firefighters a person who is familiar with the company’s building and knows the location of the assets, piping and the main switchboard.
Break-in, robbery, vandalism
- Notify the police of the incident. To do so, call 112.
- Find the cause of the water damage and try to shut off the piping.
- Start cleaning and drying works immediately
- Notify Seesam of the loss immediately:
- Collect as much material and evidence as possible regarding the circumstances surrounding the loss.
- Help Seesam in determining the amount of loss and the liability of the policyholder.
- Do not make promises or conclude any agreements without Seesam’s consent.