Household insurance claim
Report the loss to Seesam immediately after the occurrence of the insured event. A loss adjustment form can be completed directly on the Seesam homepage, by calling the contact telephone 628 1700, or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. From the menu selection below you will also find information about how to act following the occurrence of an insured event.
- Try to limit any further loss and asset damage. Save what can be saved!
- Notify Seesam about what happened as soon as possible and follow the instructions provided by Seesam.
- Fill in the Household Property Insurance Loss Adjustment Form, append a list of damaged property and a letter of explanation describing what happened. Preserve the remains of the assets for which you are seeking indemnification.
- Keep the remains of the types of assets or which you are looking to receive an indemnity.
- Preserve the scene of damage in an untouched state until a representative from Seesam has inspected it.
- If necessary, evacuate the people or administer first aid to the casualty or casualties.
- Start fighting the fire with the basic fire extinguishing equipment.
- If you are unable to gain control of the fire, call the fire department. To do so, call the emergency centre at the emergency number 112.
- Guide the firefighters and help them to quickly find the location of the fire.
Break-in, robbery, vandalism
- Notify the police of the incident. To do so, call 112.
- Shut off water.
- If you are unable to do so, call for assistance. Call the building’s custodian, their emergency team, or call a 24 hour plumber.
- If it is possible that the water damage may reach a neighbour, then notify that neighbour.
- Immediately begin clean-up and drying works and protect your assets from any further possible damage (more to another room, cover with plastic, etc.).
- Immediately notify Seesam about the damage - as soon as you have reason to believe that you have caused damage to a third party.
- Fix the circumstances surrounding the damage (take pictures, copy down the contact information or explanations of witnesses).
- Work with Seesam in determining the amount of loss and assessing the liability of the policyholder.
- Remember that without Seesam’s approval any promises or agreements are not binding upon Seesam.