Motor insurance claim

Report the loss to Seesam immediately after the occurrence of the insured event. A loss adjustment form can be completed directly on Seesam's homepage, by sending a letter to the e-mail address or directly contacting a repair shop and submitting a comprehensive insurance claim, pictures, and other documents via the above. From the menu selection below you will also find information about how to act following the occurrence of an insured event.

Important information in case of a loss event

The person who caused the damage and the injured party must immediately, in a format which can be reproduced in writing, inform either the insurance provider of the person who caused the damage or the injured party about the insured event. The injured party may submit the claim directly to their own insurance provider, if the circumstances of the traffic accident have been fixed between the parties and they are in agreement.

A claim must be submitted to the insurance provider of the person who caused the damage in the following instances:

  • the claim is submitted (notification of damage) more than 30 days after the occurrence of the insured event;
  • personal injury has occurred as a result of the insured event;
  • the territory where vehicle involved in the insured event is normally based is not Estonia;
  • the amount of insurance compensation presumably exceeds EUR 10,000;
  • the circumstances surrounding the insured event are unclear, including in the event that the injured party, the policy holder, the insured person or the insurance provider fail to reach an agreement on who is responsible for having caused the damage.

The person who caused the damage and the injured party must preserve the vehicle or another thing that was damaged as a result of the occurrence of the insured event in the condition following the insured event, to the maximum extent possible, and present it to the insurer.

General requirements for an incident involving traffic damage:
  • Stay calm and try to limit further loss and damage to the property. Save what can be saved!
  • Switch on the emergency lights of the damaged vehicle(s) or place the warning triangle on the road.
  • If a person has been injured or killed in the event of a traffic accident, summon emergency medical care or the rescue service and the police To summon emergency medical care, the police or the rescue service, call the emergency centre at the emergency number 112. Write down the names and addresses of the eyewitnesses.
  • If only material damage has been caused as a result of the traffic accident and the drivers or the driver involved in the accident and the person who suffered the material damage agree on assessment of the causes and liability, the police do not have to be notified The parties involved fill in a Traffic Accident Notice Form or formalise their opinion on a blank sheet of paper on site.
  • The free-format notice must indicate the details of the vehicles involved (registration plate, make and model), drivers, vehicle owners (personal identification code, names, addresses, contact information) and the insurer and a diagram of the traffic accident.
  • If the persons involved in the traffic accident are in disagreement over the assessment of the causes behind and liability for the accident or if the injured person is not known, the person who caused the damage is not present at the scene of the accident or if the material damage occurred due to hitting an animal or avoiding it, the police must be notified of the traffic accident and their instructions must be followed.


  • Phone: +372 628 1700
  • E-mail:

Application forms:

Insurance is provided by Compensa Vienna Insurance Group, ADB Estonian Branch, which operates under the Seesam trademark in Estonia. Before concluding policies, please read the terms and conditions at and consult an expert if needed.
I agree
In order to improve your browsing experience cookies are used. More information about cookies can be found here.