Accident insurance is a big help to you and your family in ensuring your ability to cope financially if you require long-term care following an accident, suffer a temporary incapacity for work, or a permanent disability. If the worst happens, the insurance indemnity will help to alleviate the financial worries of those close to you.
Seesam offers the opportunity to put together an accident insurance package based on your needs, combining the following types of compensation:
- daily allowance benefit – intended to preserve the monthly level of income following an accident;
- indemnity for pain and suffering – of help in the case of temporary damage to health. Ideal for children and adults who are currently not working;
- indemnity of treatment expenses – if after an accident you require medical rehabilitation, dental care or mobility support devices (such as crutches, joint support, etc.), this insurance cover is indispensable;
- permanent disability indemnity – the consequences of an accident can be very serious. Permanent disability indemnity helps you ensure a dignified life and maintain your previous standard of living;
- death indemnity – intended to help your loved ones.
When signing an agreement, you can specify the insured sums that meet your needs.
Also possible to conclude:
- full-time insurance – valid worldwide, during both work and play;
- part-time insurance – valid at work during working hours.
- You can choose insurance covers for your particular needs. It is possible to enter into a contract for one person as well as for the whole family, which can be supplemented depending on the profession and hobbies.
- The insurance is valid worldwide.
- Seesam does not reduce the indemnities payable by the indemnities already paid.
- Upon choosing the permanent disability indemnity, we also indemnify the expenses for tickets to events purchased in advance.
- In the event of a minor (of less than 18 years of age) insured person, the insurance cover of competitive sports is also valid without a special agreement in the policy.
- If the degree of severity of the disability caused by an accident is at least 60% according to the assessment given by a trusted physician of Seesam, 100% of the total agreed sum insured for the permanent disability is paid out in the case of an insured event.
- The pain and suffering indemnity is also paid in the case of minor injuries (contusions, burns).
- If the insurance cover of medical treatment expenses has been chosen, we also indemnify the hospital inpatient fee, expenses of physiotherapy and medical physical training.
- If both a child and a parent are insured, we also pay the daily allowance indemnity if the parent has to be on care leave due to an accident that has occurred to the child.
Children are active and don't know how to recognise the danger signs surrounding them in their activities, which means that accidents can occur. If a Band-Aid alone may help in the case of minor accidents, then healing from a more serious accident may require a lot more time and money. Your family’s entire income may shrink significantly if an adult must spend time away from work while a child is healing.
Accidents happen while playing and taking part in sports – fractures, strains and contusions are common place. At Seesam, sports injuries to children account for 44% of all traumas suffered by children.
What kind of insurance covers do we offer for children?
- Indemnity for injury – helps you out in case of temporary damage to health. Indemnity for pain and suffering is paid as a one-time indemnity, and depends on the extent and severity of the damage to health resulting directly from an accident.
- Indemnity for dental care and rehabilitation helps in instances when a child’s teeth are damaged in an accident and require dental care or a child requires rehabilitation after an injury – rehabilitation that is not indemnified by the Estonian Health Insurance Fund.
- Permanent disability indemnity is paid as a one-time indemnity based on the severity of the disability.
- Death indemnity – is meant as help for close ones in covering necessary costs
How is the price of insurance for children calculated?
The price of insurance depends on the selected insurance covers and their limits.
Example! The insurance package with the broadest coverage costs EUR 74.60 per year, and includes:
- death benefit of up to EUR 5000;
- permanent disability benefit of up to EUR 50,000;
- indemnity for injury of up to EUR 3200;
- indemnity of medical expenses of up to EUR 1000;
Personal accident insurance is definitively required if you go in for sports or otherwise have a healthy lifestyle. Accidents often happen for example while cycling or playing ball games.
Upon entering into the contract, let us know which sports you go in for in order for us to provide you with the most suitable insurance cover. Activities insurable under a special agreement are set out in clauses 9–10 of the insurance terms and conditions.
Please be sure to examine the excluded sports in clause 11. These are the sports in the case of which the insurance cover does not apply.
In the event of a minor (of less than 18 years of age) insured person, the insurance cover of competitive sports is also valid without a special agreement in the policy.
Terms and conditions:
- Terms and conditions 1/2022 (valid from 17.01.2022)
- Table of indemnity of permanent disability 1/2020
- Table of indemnity of compensation 1/2022
- General terms and conditions 1/2022 (valid from 01.09.2022)
- General terms and conditions 1/2020 (valid from 01.07.2020)
- Terms and conditions 1/2020 (valid from 01.07.2020)
- Table of indemnity of compensation 1/2020
- General terms and conditions 1/2019